Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Progress!!!

Well y'all, I was really starting to feel like we would NEVER start building...mostly because I'm impatient and I've been ready since we moved out of our other house in mid-July.  But we were very pleasantly surprised this evening when we stopped by!

Here's what the lot looked like on Monday night when we came by (the same as it did on Thursday for our pre-construction meeting). 




It rained for most of the day on Tuesday so I really didn't think much would be done today... Boy was I wrong!


Concrete has been poured!


View from the back looking towards the front. 




View from across the street. All the cinder blocks have been delivered!!!

And just for comparison, this is what it looked like a month ago! 


Okay, it's official. I thought I was excited before... But now it feels real! We're building a house! A REAL HOUSE! HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Looks like our houses will be going up side by side. Will be interesting to see how the timelines might differ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It will definitely be fun to see how the timing compares!

      Delete