Friday, September 12, 2014

Lighting and De-Ryanizing

As many before me, and many to come after, there are some things I've been considering when it comes to de-Ryanizing (yep, that's a term!) our home.  I'm not really a big fan of builder grade lighting fixtures, so over time I'd like to replace a lot of the lights that come in the home.  I think this will happen little by little, no big rush to get this done.  But, while I'm thinking about other d├ęcor I've been pinning ideas for lighting.  Without further ado, here are a couple of replacement ideas!

In the kitchen, we are adding pendant lighting so I will actually need to get something for there sooner than later:


Hubby likes the idea of having something clear so the view is not obstructed.
 
Pottery Barn - Harlowe Wire & Glass Pendant; MSRP = $99
I really love the hexagon and the texture of this!


Pottery Barn - Paxton Glass 8 Light Pendant; MSRP = $499 - $549
This could go  in the kitchen or the dining room.  I really like the clustered look.

This would look great to replace any of the builder grade "boob" lights.  Love the lines of this one!
 
Shades of Light - Clear Glass Prism Pentagon; MSRP = $169
Another "boob" light replacement option.  I really like the hexagon/honeycomb look!
 
 

West Elm - Capiz Orb Light; MSRP = $149 - $299
Another one with the honeycomb look. 


YHL - Large Wire Globe Lantern; MSRP = $89
I've seen this in an office and really loved the shadows.  This might be an option for the dining room or the stairway?
 
What about you - are you looking to de-Ryanize your home?  What kind of lighting options are you considering?


2 comments:

  1. I hate those boob lights! I definitely want to replace those over time! I LOOVE the honeycomb ones you selected. I also really like the pendant lights you're looking at! We forgot to add pendant lighting and by the time I thought of it it was too late :( They wouldn't let us add it on unfortunately. Kind of a pain but I think I'll be able to live without them. Maybe we'll add them in the future at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are getting a Capiz light from West Elm for the dining room. I want to change out the lightning rather quickly. Those boob lights are one of my biggest pet peeves. Next will be the dreaded Ryan mirror in the half bath...

    ReplyDelete